Awning windows are hinged at the top and open outward, allowing for ventilation even during a light rain. Often used in combination with other window styles or placed higher on walls for privacy, awning windows are easy to open and close. Awning windows are hinged on top and open outward, enabling ventilation without letting in rain or falling leaves.
Screens are on the inside of the window, where they’re more protected from the elements. Awning windows are often used for basements because they can be placed high on the wall and easily operate with a turn of the handle. They are a great choice to pair with non-operable windows, such as above or below a picture window, since awning windows are generally smaller in size than double hungs, casements or sliders.
- Low-maintenance uPVC exterior helps protect against water damage
- Rich unfinished natural pine or prefinished white, dark bronze or black interiors
- Wide range of hardware styles and finishes, grille patterns and glass options
- Standard sizes up to 6′ wide and 3′ high. Custom sizes available.
- Weather-resistant design makes this our best-performing awning
- Wide array of style options including factory-finished wood lamination interiors for architectural authenticity
- Triple-pane glass options are available for exceptional energy efficiency